Sample Accounting Resume CV
Desired Salary/Wage: $90,000.00 Annual
Mark Blue, Senior Accountant CPA
1102 Stuart Court
Chicago, IL 64542
Home (323) 656-2232 / Mobile (323) 656-1257
Seeking a long-term opportunity within the business community, where my professional experience, education, and abilities would be advantageous to the growth of my employer and myself.
Experience in various areas including, but not limited to: capital and operating budgets, financial analysis/planning, financial statements and reporting, accounting policies and procedure, cash flow, taxes, auditing, and business process improvements.
PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting Services, Chicago, IL
Senior Consultant – Financial Services: Lending & Leasing Group (04 – Present)
- Team manager of a cost of servicing analysis project for a Specialty Products Group unit of a Mortgage Bank. The objective of this project was to appropriately determine the functions and operations that are needed to support the Home Equity Loans servicing in the future and then draw a comparison and give the client recommendation between the costs associated with the following two options: remain with the current service providers (outsourced) or move to “in-house” the servicing of the unit.
- Participated as a team member for the implementation of internal control assessment for a quasi-government financial institution. Developed a new accounting policy to address the correction and adjustments process of financial statements.
- Assisted the global external reporting unit of one top financial institution with the quarterly earnings release and the investor relation file while company’s segment was being spun-off.
Participated with the CFO and COO of the largest originator and servicer of reverse mortgages with their 2005-2009 strategic financial plan.
- Sarbanes Oxley team member for a mortgage securitizations financial institution. This project included the identification and documentation of touchpoints and the identification and reconciliation of critical hand-offs of client’s processes, sub-process, and applications.
- Performed the analytics and reviewed of the quarterly financial reporting package for a financial organization. This included guarantee assets (GA) including buy up, guarantee obligation (GO), participation certificates residual, the gain/loss on sale of PC’s, and FAS 140/FIN45 income statement.
- Documentation, analysis and validation of accounting policy for numerous processes related to SFAS 140 and SFAS 115.
- Assisted the mortgage sourcing, operating and funding department of a financial institution with a new business application analysis. Analyzed new products that may have an operational risk assessment and advised management the impact to the corporate accounting policies.
eLoan.com, Tampa, Florida
Senior Financial Analyst- Real Estate Financial Management Division (00 – 03)
- Performed accounting and analysis for real estate portfolio investments –Commercial & Residential- and served as a liaison between contracted property management firms and real estate investments to insure the accurate and timely submission of operating reports.
- Produced and reconciled various reports to meet GAAP and statutory requirements, including FAS 144 – Impairment Analysis, FAS 115 – Market Valuations, and FIN46.
- Assigned portfolio of properties’ specific duties included month/quarter end close, income projections, variance analyses, unique transactions, recording of partial and full sale of investments, investments acquisition setup, maintain the book value roll-forward, and validation of assets additions with depreciation reforecast.
- Assisted the external reporting group with the quarterly yield analyses and provide variances explanations in excess of $200K.
- Coordinated/participated in special projects including capital reconciliation for real estate joint ventures, consolidation of real estate joint venture, analytical review of real estate operations, and emerging accounting issues like Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Team leader of the implementation of a customer service survey and team member on special projects such MAGIC knowledgebase update, PeopleSoft upgrade and retool of the quarterly reports.
T. Rowe Price, New York, NY
Contract Consulting (97-00)
- Assisted the G/L department in several projects including lease agreements analyses for sales break point accruals during Gottschalks acquisition of Longs Drugstores Corporation.
- Assisted management in PeopleSoft conversion for T. Rowe Price..
Pacific Bell, Los Angeles, CA
Accounting Manager (96-97)
- Reported to the Chief Financial Officer of a long distance carrier company serving national and international markets.
Assisted CFO with preparation, review, and analysis of financial statements, G/L, and company’s month/year-end
- closing with full responsibility of the account receivable, account payable, and fixed assets functions.
- Prepared company’s tax return and maintained general accounting system and functions to provide timely and accurate financial reporting to management, investors, and outside authorities as required.
- Participated in implementation of IBM AS400 mainframe system and the formatting of several financial reports.
Hewlitt Packard HP , San Jose, CA
Budget & Expense Manager (93-95)
- Assisted Controller and CFO with preparation, consolidation, and monitoring of capital and operating budget for this subsidiary of an international manufacturer of electrical/electronic and communication equipment (annual sales $640 millions).
- Maintained extensive written and verbal communication with department heads during annual strategic budged plan preparation.
- Analyzed monthly budgets to actual accounting reports and distributed to internal management.
Controlled fixed assets purchases according to departmental budgets.
General Accounting Manager (91-93)
- Assisted Controller and CFO with preparation, review, and analysis of financial statements.
- Conducted and coordinated company’s monthly and year-end closings.
- Performed monthly and quarterly financial accounting reports for HP.
- Reviewed and supervised the day-to-day work of accounting department staffs (12 people).
- Presented and explained year-end financial reports to headquarters’ coordinator in San Jose.
- Prepared company’s tax return and coordinated internal audit with external auditors (Price Waterhouse Coopers).
Certified Public Accountant of the State of Chicago
University of Chicago, Chicago IL
B.S., Business Administration, August 2000
Major in Finance
UCLA Los Angeles, Los Angeles CA
Master’s of Business Administration, July 2002
Emphasis in Finance
Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Lotus Notes PeopleSoft, MRI, Faro-Cognos Tool, Millennium, Hyperion, Peachtree, Fox Pro, MAS 90, IBM AS400, TurboTax
Fluent in English, Spanish, and French.
Other Sample Resumes
Part of Sample Resumes by Industry and Profession. Use them as guides as you craft your own perfect resume cv.