Below is an actual resume of a Financial Advisor seeking $102,000 annual salary.
We have made some minor changes i.e. dates and names, to his resume for privacy concerns.
Financial Investment Advisor, Stockbroker, Securities Principle
101 E 9th
New York, NY 90021
Series 7, 24, 63, and 66 licensed financial professional with a four-year record of success as a financial advisor, stockbroker, and trader. I currently manage more than $12 million in capital assets and serve as a principle/partner of more than $150 million in portfolio assets.
Charles Schwab 2008 – 2010
New York, NY
Financial Planner, Division Leader level. Licensed Series 7 & 66 Investment Securities broker with variable contracts using mutual funds. Life, Health, Accident, and Annuities insurance products licensed. Present Financial Planning Seminars throughout NY to fortune 500 clients.
JP Morgan 2006 – 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah US
Registered Financial Advisor. Licensed Series 7 & 66 Individual and Mutual Fund Securities broker. Life, Health, Accident, and Annuities licensed. Offered Financial Planning to families and individuals and presented information in group seminars. Help planning of children’s college education, retirement planning, large expenditures planning, and investment planning for future needs. Also helped with the protection needs for assets, life, health through insurances and annuities.
- Delivered annual growth on assets of at least half a million dollars for personally managed client portfolios during the past 4 years.
- Grew customer base year over year, adding approximately 100 new clients for every firm I’ve worked for. Earned a reputation for expert financial advice and superior customer service that resulted in strong referral business.
- Commended for flawless performance in the monitoring and execution of 250+ trades weekly within a high-volume, timeline-critical environment.
- Ensured all trades were booked properly and provided ongoing follow up with brokers to communicate specifics of each transaction.
- Handled transactions involving mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and options for clients from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Performed hedging, financial modeling, financial analysis, and risk-tolerance assessments to advise both high net-worth and low-income clients on best-option investment strategies.
- Managed a geographically dispersed outside broker team based across the U.S.
- Initiated regular client mailings to solicit feedback and maintain high client statisfaction.
Post Education and Certifications & Skills
Series 7 General Securities Registered Rep, 2000
Series 63 Uniform Securities agent State Law Exam, 2000
Series 65 Uniform Investment Advisor Law Exam, 2001
Series 24 General Securities Principle Exam, 2003
New York University
B.S. in Business
Minor in Economics
References and Letters of Recommendation available upon request
Other Sample Resumes
Part of Sample Resumes by Industry and Profession. Use them as guides as you craft your own perfect resume cv.
Resume also part of the article "How to Write a Resume that Stands Out."